Saturday was my bff's Bridal Shower, or what her aunt and I dubbed "Bridal Luau."
Traditionally an aunt or female family friend throws the party and the bridesmaids help out with games and gift bags.
Lucky for Lo, she's got a kick ass aunt and some very creative bridesmaids!!
The theme of the party was tropical/luau style. To supplement the decor (leis, grass skirts, tropical flowers) and food, we centered our goodie bags around this as well.
The Goodie Bags included:
- Tropical Drink recipes (also relating to one of Lo's favorite past time--mixology)
- Candy like Almond Joy, Mounds, and tropical fruit flavored gummies
- A drink flavored lip gloss
- Colorful Swizzle Sticks
- A Flip Flop coaster
Keeping Lo and the audience in mind, we had the following games (prizes were either Margarita sunglasses or a tropical drink mix):
- Name that Yacht Rock Love Song (crowd pleaser)!!--Just like "Name that Tune," we played a snippet from some of Lo's fave 80s songs (a la Lionel Richie, Hall n Oates, and Christopher Cross)
- How well do you know Lauren and Alex Quiz--Fun questions about each of them individually, their cats, and about their relationship. Top 3 scorers got a prize.
- Pin the Tail on the Japser--Lo and Al's older cat, name speaks for itself :-)
We did some traditional things that shouldn't be messed with like a champagne toast and some fun lingerie as a gift.
But you should always try something new and different at your next "traditional" soiree! It'll go a long way!!