Monday, February 2, 2009

*Ask Agmac*


Dear Agmac:

My friend's apartment is too small to throw a party in, so I've offered to let her use mine. What is the normal division of labor in terms of party preparation for these kind of arrangements? I pretty sure it would be rude not to offer to help out, but I also don't want her to feel like I'm trying to horn in on her party.

-Ghost Host
****************************

Dear Ghost Host,

Do you happen to be a New Yorker? Because that's a great question for anyone living in a great city with tiny living spaces.

That said, since this person is the one hosting the party, all responsibility goes to him/her for the refreshments, beverages and clean-up. They are also financially responsible for said arrangements.

The only thing you are responsible for is making sure there is toliet paper in the bathroom and maybe cleaning up a bit beforehand.

However, if you want to help in decorating or thinking of fun additions to the party, I'm sure your suggestions and help would be much appreciated.

Hopefully he/she will reward you with a thank you gift. That'd be the right thing to do.

Signed,

Agmac

No comments: