Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day?


Um, yuck.

I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day, even when I'm in a relationship, I don't like the "forced" romance of it all.

Here are some fun things to do INSTEAD of being icky and gooey on Saturday night...

1. Throw an "Anti-Valentine's Day" Party
The best ones I've been too involved cut out hearts with dirty words on them (like "STD") that you can tape to your body while getting wasted and making out with other haters.

2. Go see a horror or action movie
You want to see something where happy people are killed for no reason. It's very therapeutic.
I recommend this one that's out now.

3. Treat yourself to some dessert
Go all out and forget about the fact that you are buying dessert for yourself. At least you don't have to fit into some stupid fancy dress. Try this place out .

4. Go see an anti-Valentine's Day show
Apparently there's a comedy show at Upright Citizens Brigade.

5. Go watch other people be sad
Such as in these short films about "love" and heartache.

6. Go graffiti
Ok, so I've never done this myself, mainly because it's illegal, but I bet it's super therapeutic to go out there and deface something with red paint. Paint the town red, y'all!

Ha. But for reals. If you're in love, awesome, be in it 364 days a year and skip this night. It's so cliche. :-)

No comments: