Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Chez Oscars!


I'm back!

This post is dedicated to my 6th Annual Oscar Soiree, and if I must say so myself, it was one of the best!

It was held at my friend Jed's house this year since my teeny tiny apartment would not accommodate all of my wonderful friends.


What made this year so special? Well, aside from the general enthusiasm for the party, there was a new twist--themed snacks and drinks.

We had, in no particular order, libations and munchies based on the Oscar nominees. Such as:
  • Vicky Cristina Sangria
  • Mickey Roquefort Cheese
  • Marisa Tomei-toes (and mozzarella cheese)
  • Happy Go Lucky Charms Treats
  • Tropic Thunder Punch
  • Milk chocolate chip cookies & M&M's
  • Slum Dogs with Curry Dippin' Sauce
  • Benjamin Button Baby Carrots and Baby Corn
  • Vegan Cristina Barcelona Dip
  • Kung Fu Panda Edamame Salad
  • Etc. Etc.
In addition to the themed spread, I also artfully (LOL) decorated the paper cups with Oscar nominees so that people could drink out of their favorite star or who they came as.


















And finally, last but not least, the big winner of all my Oscar parties, the Oscar poll!! This year's winner, same as last year's winner, was Jed. Which I guess makes up for the fact that I spilled punch on his floor ;-)



Enjoy the pictures and see if you can guess who people came as!

No comments: