Friday, March 6, 2009

**Fine Art Friday**


Today's Fine Artist is photographer Melissa Kaseman.

I first came across this photographer because her rep called me to ask if I'd meet with her. After seeing her work, I said YES! Then I picked up PDN's "30" issue, which is all about emerging photographers, and there she was!


I had the privilege of meeting with her yesterday and she's adorably little and cute. And very nice on top of that!


Her work is subtle and simple, with a quiet elegance to it. A lot of photographers out there try to photograph the "mundane" but they do it in a way that shows no sense of lighting, composition and technical prowess. Melissa Kaseman is not one of those photographers.



Her images of an ailing woman, of a small town, of a modest house, are all touching and artful.

No comments: