Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Munchies


Hey Y'all,

Sorry I've been MIA for a little bit, no Fine Art Friday last week!

But I'm back and ready to blog about all that is fun, social, innovative and quirky.

This pas weekend was filled with maid-of-honor duties (more on that on Wednesday) and crafternoon-ing.

Saturday started out with a group of us gals walking/runing/roller skating (each person did something different) in Fort Greene Park.

Then we went over to my friend Audrey's house for some crafting, eating, talking, and drinking.

My craft was cooking! I made Cinnamon buns, Apple/Peanut Butter/Granola slices, and fresh strawberries (well I didn't make those).

Sometimes something that's so simple is a crowd pleaser. Here's the recipe, which I actually stole from a catered lunch I had at work, and I'm going to name it Apple-nolas...
  • 3-4 green apples
  • small jar of natural peanut butter, no salt added
  • a bag or box of granola, I used Bare Naked apple/cinnamon granola for added flavor
--> Core the apples if you can before slicing them. Slice the apple horizontally (so the stem is facing "west") so the slices are like discs with holes in the middle. Spread the peanut butter thinly on the slices and then sprinkle with granola. A great finger food!!

Perfect for your future crafternoons, garden parties, brunch potlucks.

xoxo

1 comment:

spring basil said...

When Pawel really wants to make me happy, he makes me those cinnamon rolls. MMMMM. I'm going to try the apple-nolas with Damian. Good idea!